Thursday, July 31, 2008

Summer in the City (Eco-Friendly and Carcinogen-Free Edition)


All I've been reading about lately in the media is how everything in my house could potentially kill me. Talk about consumer scare tactics. The modern lifestyle revolves around plastic. We rub out armpits with chemicals proven to cause Alzheimer's disease. And while the cancer stories may exaggerated, all those plastic water bottles I buy to keep myself hydrated and cool in the hot months are not good for mother earth. And frankly, Alzheimer's scares the shit out of me. So here's a slew of products I swear by to keep cool during those 90+ degree days that are environmentally sound and not bad for your body either.

Tom's of Maine Honeysuckle Rose Natural Deodorant. Light, botanically scented, and aluminum free! It may not keep your pits dry on those really hot and humid days, but natural ingredients like lichen and coriander help to fight odor when you need it. 

Klean Kanteen Water Bottle. The simple design looks good and is carcinogen free. Say good-bye to plastic forever. Carry it with you wherever you go and fill it up with good old NYC tap. Those Jennifer Aniston ads should have warned you, Smart Water is for yuppies.

Short shorts, preferably higher waisted. Or better yet, take a pair of jeans you don't like and make cut-offs. Even boys wear short shorts now.

No comments: