Monday, August 24, 2009

Summer Weekend: East Hampton

It's almost the end of summer. It's consistently 86 degrees in my apartment even though it's only 75 degree out. Summer makes me wish I lived in a cool ground floor, but then again that's where the roaches like to hang out.

The weekend was eventful!

-Day One. Train to East Hampton aka "The Party Train!" Long Island kids are funny.
-Bike ride through the woods to the middle of nowhere. Too much quiet makes me scurred.
-Beach time with the Atlantic looking fierce from all the waves from Hurricane Bill hundreds of miles away. Dangerous and breath-taking.
-Bike ride past beach front properties like in the movies and plenty of trophy cars. Having a convertible out here almost seems neccessary.
-I called a woman a bitch at the grocery check out because she was being very rude to the cashier (After working years of customer service, I have developed a soft spot for other service workers). The woman bought rice pudding and triscuts. Immediately after calling her a bitch, I felt bad, but the woman seemed to enjoy the title. She took her Gucci purse and walked away looking satisfied.
-Day Two. Tresspass onto painter's Jackson Pollock's property in the woods. His backyard view is about three acres of untouched wetland. Imagine painting surrounded by that.
-Stella McCartney pop-up shop (Fall 09 in stores already!) and Agathe Snow installation. Free popscicles on Stella.
-Back to the beach. Watch surfers, sunbathe, play with the waves. I was so happy I couldn't stop screaming.
-Sleepy.
-Train back to Crooklyn.

No comments: